31/01/2012

Review : Boots No.7 Spring Limited Collection "Vital Brights" by Lisa Eldridge

If you follow me on Twitter you would know that I went shopping and had this collection in must-buy list, and also know that I have a #makeupwars with 2 ladies to get them lol. However I'm enjoying this collection so far, totally worth fighting with 2 ladies who are much older than me, around my aunt's ages haha :P The story will come with review later.

So let's get started. My purchase are 2 cream blushes, 1 powder highlighter and one lipstick. Full collection comes in 2 cream blushes, 1 eyeshadow palette, 1 powder highlighter and 2 lipstick. I didn't impress with the eyeshadow palette because of all neutral shades ( but I don't know if it'd be my biggest mistake when I skipped it :P ), one lipstick which is the nude/brown shade whatever is not my taste on lipstick so I ended up with the rest ;)


As you can see the packaging is absolutely fun, vibrant and very "spring". It was made with high quality plastic, I think all limited collection of No.7 have beautiful packaging, definitely collect them from now!


Now move on to the products. First is the product I didn't plan to buy but it made my heart skipped a beat when I swatched it at counter ( you ladies who are beautyholic should understand what I mean!). This Vital Enlightening Highlighter Powder is warm tone highlighter which is great for people who want a warmer face in this bloody cold weather. I often use liquid highlighter ( by No.7 too!) but this one is a nice additional for my collection :)





Next is Love of my life : BLUSHES <3 Can't tell you exactly how obsessed I am with blush. I believe blush, lipstick and mascara is 3 secret weapons to archive healthy and natural looking for your face. I know I promised to write a post about my HG blushes but the list is getting longer so I might have to plan a series >"< Firstly when I saw the product through internet, I just wanted the Blooming Pink which is lovely hot pink - lovely for youthful and healthy glow! But I swatched Blossoming Pink - an amazing coral color which I think will look natural on cheeks, I decided to buy it too! 
Then then then
....

The story began! There is only one Blossoming Pink left in No.7 counter at Boost Leeds, and beside me - there are 2 old ladies who were swatching it, I heard one lady said :"Oh lovely, I think I'll get it". I  looked at the No.7 staff who were holding MY precious cream blush with my famous "puppy eyes" and tell her very loud :"I get it I get it ~~~~". 2 old ladies looked at me like I'm a bad kid who steal their purses, one started ask the staff lady - who is still holding MY cream blush :"Could you give me a Blossoming Pink blush?". I was quickly take it from the staff's hand, and tell my friend to leave before they realized what happened. Haha fell bad and good at the same time! Blame Lisa to create such wonderful products. They are lovely color and easy to blend, don't have any bad things to say!





I have to say I didn't want to buy the lipstick. One is defo not my taste, I like bright color, the Blooming Pink is very me, but I already have too much pink lipstick. But my friend who came with me told me that it's lovely I should get it, then I bought it! I back home, swatched and apply it with a lip brush and was like :


Sorry Lisa I didn't mean to put your lovely lipstick on this face haha <3 But yes, that's my reaction when I applied it! I accepted it to be thick, creamy and somehow matte when I saw it in tub. But man it SHEER! I've never seen a SHEER HOT PINK lipstick! I love my YSL Sheer Candy but it's RED and other colors in the range don't show up at all. OMG with 1-2 layers I can archive such a beautiful pinky, healthy shiny lips without too bright or thick. I fell in love I think I'd be back to buy a back-up of this lipstick. The swatch below is 3 layers but you could see how is it with 1 layer.




I think Lisa did wonderful job again! She's always amazing isn't she? I always feel sad because I can't afford to buy limited collection of all my favorite brands like Chanel, YSL and Giorgio Armani ( I mean I have money to buy some now, but once you buy you'll start to buy it forever and I don't think I can afford that much in a long time because I'm still a student who is using mostly parents' money) so I think No.7 limited collection is a good choice for me to please my dream about limited collection beauty products. They are designed by a top celebrities make-up artist who has great taste, high quality, beautiful enough to stay on your collection and totally affordable. I actually get one cream blush for free because Boots offered 3 for 2 on No.7 products. £10 for each cream blush (actually I paid £10 for 2!), £13 for highlighter powder and £10 for a lipstick, it's nothing near expensive. Thank you Lisa! You are wonderful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment